Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be - Robert Browning

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Weekend in H-town!!

We went to Houston this weekend!! On Friday night, we went to the Symphonic Band concert here at Baylor (where my awesome husband was a fabulous conductor of beautiful music) and then made the 3-hour trek down to Houston so that Colin could judge Solo and Ensemble contest in Klein on Saturday. So, he got up at the crack of dawn to go listen to not-so-good high school students play solos all day, and I got some retail therapy with my mom!! The best purchase of the day--a $250 red coat that I can wear in Michigan that I got on sale for $60!!! YAY!! After that, my wonderful parents took us to a yummy dinner at the best seafood restaurant in Houston. Then we drove back to Waco :( so that Colin could play organ at church on Sunday. But I was happy to be able to relax at home, if only for a day, with the family!!

2 comments:

  1. You are really going through with this Michigan thing???? You should stay......we'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes yes--the husband really wants to go...but i am sure that we will have lots of visits to Texas!!

    ReplyDelete