Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be - Robert Browning

Monday, February 21, 2011

Dreaming of Spring

The past few days have been a giant tease of what the warmer weather of Spring will bring.  We had temperatures in the fifties and all of the snow finally melted, leaving us with green grass and a big yard for the dogs to play in without snow on the ground.  I could even see the baby shoots coming in our front yard flower bed where daffodils will be when winter finally disappears.  And then, yesterday at three o'clock, a blizzard hit Lansing.  In about four hours, all of the snow that had melted was back covering everything in a foot-thick blanket.  Colin made his flight from Atlanta to Detroit, but his flight from Detroit to Lansing was cancelled because of the weather, so he had to take a bus from Detroit to East Lansing, where I went to pick him up.  The roads were horribly icy and I had a really bad spin-out where I narrowly missed hitting two other cars by inches by the grace of God. After sitting in the parking lot of the Haslett Animal Clinic and having a panic attack about my narrow escape from a car wreck, I trucked on to East Lansing from our home to pick up Colin...

Whose bus took forever to get here.  After my harrowing driving experience to East Lansing, I spent a long time in Barnes and Noble browsing for books and then spent even more time talking to my mom on the phone in the parking garage while watching the gale winds blow and the blizzard snow fall.  Finally, Colin arrived and I made him drive home! :)  Today, the city  has yet to plow our neighborhood--Colin got stuck four times trying to get onto a main road and some neighbors kindly helped to dig his car out.  I could not get out of the neighborhood to go to work tonight.  When will winter ever end here? Can we please move somewhere warmer soon?  I am dreaming of weather in the seventies and the beauty of Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment